DIY Propane Tank Pumpkins for Halloween
How to Create DIY Propane Tank Pumpkins for Halloween
The Jack-o-lantern is indeed one of the greatest artistic masterpieces of our time, but it can be heart wrenching to helplessly watch as a work of art turns into a pile of mush in a week. As always though, propane has got your back. Take some paint and an empty propane tank and turn that bad boy into a leery work of art. Not only is it an efficient solution for old canisters, but kids will love getting into the spirit by painting their own pumpkin for the front porch without the use of knives.
What you’ll need:
- Old propane tank
- Sheet of black vinyl
- Orange spray paint
- Scotch tape
- Wipe off the propane tank with turpentine to ensure all dirt and grime is removed.
- Cover the gas connections properly and use spray paint to color the tank bright orange.
- While the paint dries, begin to work on the face of the jack-o-lantern. Take a sheet of paper and sketch the design with a pen until satisfied. This will serve as the stencil.
- Place a large piece of black colored adhesive vinyl on a flat surface and tape your paper design on top. Carefully cut out the pattern using scissors.
- Peel off the adhesive and align the vinyl with the propane tank accordingly. Just stick it on and voila! You’ve got a shiny little pumpkin ready for display!
If you’re a handy man with a garage full of shiny power tools, take your propane pumpkin to the next level by carving out a face for a jack-o-lantern leer that will shine bright all night long- just add a candle! Check out this helpful video tutorial and always use precaution and safety!